What is a Zhan Zhuang Training Journal? For me, it is where I record class discussions and experiences related to my Wujifa Zhan Zhuang practice. I try to avoid "Dear Diary" stuff and the "write-it-down-to-get-it-out-of-your-system" stuff, however, sometimes this creeps in.
What can you gain from reading my personal training notes? Maybe you will read something and you will say, "I felt that too." or "I had that question too." or "I never thought of it that way." or "I walked that road too." or you may simply be amazed at the depth and breadth of zhan zhuang training...
Here are some things to keep in mind as you read my Zhan Zhuang Training Journal articles...
- These notes include teachings directed to me and my particular situation. Sometimes, my teacher would give a contradictory or opposite teaching to my school brother standing right beside me. As you read this series, always consider this context and don't think that what I've written necessarily applies to your practice. Real zhan zhuang training is a highly personalized practice. Beware of the "one size fits all" teacher and teachings.
- Where practical, I am compiling an entire month's journal entries into one posting. To accomplish this, I decide what material may be combined or omitted. I will do my best to copy verbatim the material selected for posting.
- I've made quite a few hand drawings along the way and I have scanned and posted some of these drawings. As I said, these notes were originally made for my personal reference without the intent to share publicly and so the drawings are not professional level graphics.
- When you see the "Question & Answer" notes, keep in mind that the answers I recorded are distorted from their original spoken delivery due to the way they made sense to me at the time.
- Finally, I will include my current comments and insights on some of my old entries. These will be in italics.
For a complete list of articles I've posted so far, please see my Zhan Zhuang Journal on this site.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org .